WANT REMARKABLE KIDS?
Consider the fact that the United States continues to lag behind many nations in both math and science.
Our fast forward approach to curriculum coverage continues to move the teaching of Science and Social Studies to the back burner. These are perhaps the two curricular areas that hold the most potential for engaging children in critical thinking and problem solving. They are the essential context needed to teach the Common Core Standards.
WHAT IS ENDANGERED?
- Critical Thinking
- Systems Thinking
- The Ability to Support a "Claim" with "Evidence"
- The Interest in Embracing Challenge
- The Experience of Persevering
LIFE IN THE 21st CENTURY DEMANDS THINKERS WHO CAN:
- Critically consume information
- Engage in systems thinking
- Infer patterns and see relationships
- Support claims with evidence
- Create, design, and innovate
- Exercise civic responsibility
EXPECT MORE calls, parents, teachers, grandparents and volunteers to ACTION!!!
We can do it, but it will require:
- Modeling our own love for learning
- Conversing with kids
- And much much more! Read on....